Thursday, March 27, 2014

A few months back - while I was doing a craft - I thought to myself, that I should hava a craft group. I wanted to share my crafts/creativity/talents with others. Maybe it was to also have some grown-up time :)
I thought that I would share what we did.

January group:



I got the All You Need LOVE idea here and the Scrabble LOVE here. I used my Silhouette to cut the letters ( I don't remember the name of the font ).

February group:
at this point my sister joined up with me in hosting her own group (in Layton). We do the same craft, share ideas & preparation work.




This is a treat box.I needed an idea to give my visiting teachers. I found the idea here.


I am adapting to the chevron look and came up with this idea. I used a piece of 1x6, paint, vinyl and a shamrock from The Wood Connection. Finish it off with twine and rhinestones. I think next time I'll try to find a thinner shamrock.

March group:


My sister created this craft with a plaque from Hobby Lobby, paint and vinyl. ( You can sand the edges a little and add stain if you'd like. ) We wanted something that could count as everyday decor &/or Easter ish.


This is a 1x6 piece of wood and the idea comes from Silhoutte. You can purchase this set, however, I switched the bird because I liked the look of his curly feathers. Tie it off with some twine and you have a great spring decoration.

I really like creating things with wood and paint. Every once in a while, I try to add in paper crafting or sewing. I love the ideas on Pinterest and feel like I can't keep up with all the cuteness.

No comments:

Post a Comment