Monday, June 25, 2012

Arrr.....

Like all kids, mine go through phases, too. One of the latest ones is playing pirates. They want me to draw them a map and then they take the map, roll it up, and look through it like a telescope.

A short time ago, we were in Jackson Hole, WY and we saw a show on TV called Jake and the Neverland Pirates. The girls were hooked (no pun intended). They started saying, "army Heide's" (argh matey's) in their best pirate voice. It was great!

I saw this cute idea for some pirate skirts. Now, I have to say, this is not my best project. I started out with my bandannas, cut them in half (for another idea I saw) and ended up sewing them back together. Then, I sewed on some elastic - boy, that was hard! So, I called it a day when I finished these.



Next on my list of pirate dress ups are hats and patches. My ideas that I'm going to use are here. I am also going to store these in a wooden treasure chest I saw at Michaels. I will update this post when those are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment